Features and styles matter; however, the ideal floor lamps should also be able to provide their users with the kind of lighting they need most. In this article, you’re going to find a little about how you can go about selecting the best lamps for your space. According to lamp Experts Here are the considerations you must take when buying floor lamps:
What size of the lamp are you looking for, and how tall should it be? If you want to get the most appropriate solution for your space, then you might want to consider using the eye level rule. Take a seat on one of your chairs and sofas and then measure the floor to eye-level height.
- Lamps by Sofas: For tasks that involve saying using your laptop while on a sofa, to avoid any glare you’ll need a shade that should either be below or at eye level.
- Lamps by Chairs: The same rule mentioned above can also be applied when lighting chairs as well. When sitting on the chair, your eyes should be at the same level as the bottom of the lampshade.
The features you’re looking for can help you decide on what floor lamp you need to be considering.
- USB Floor Lamps: If you want an electronic device that isn’t too complicated when it comes to charging, then a USB lamp is what you need in your life. Most bulbs of this nature come with an in-built USB port.
- Built-In Dimmers: This is for the ability to both increase and lower light levels. Some lamp solutions come line cord foot dimmers or knob switch dimmers.
- Floor Lamp Sets: Floor lamp sets are the ideal option for big spaces or rooms. They’re a quick and easy way to get the area visually unified.
Adjustable features are also a few things you need to keep an eye out for. A task or reading floor lamp is one of the best solutions as far as adjustable features are concerned. These options often have adjustable poles, which allow the user to raise or lower the lamp’s height to accommodate their specific needs.
TYPE OF LIGHTING
The lighting your space requires can help determine what kind of floor lamp you need to be looking at. There are two main kinds of light this type of lamp provides; Ambient and Task lighting.
- Ambient Lighting: A shaded floor lamp is an ideal solution for such. You’ll find the lampshade at the top, which helps casts light on the whole space. Arc floor lamp solutions are also another excellent option for this. These often have single or multiple light sources attached to a long arc arm.
- Task Lighting: Tree torchiere lamps are a great option when it comes to things like reading lights. With one that directs its light upwards, alongside a few other sidelights, this solution can offer its user with both task lighting and ambient lighting as well.
Floor lamps have, over the years, grown to become widely popular in the modern home setting. Hopefully, this article has helped show you how you can get some of your own.